Indoor Activities to Escape the January Blues in Malta
13th January, 2020
No one likes the month of January. Most people are broke from Christmas and New Year’s Eve. The weather is also a little chilly at the start of the year. However, there are loads of fun indoor activities you can do to beat those January blues. Malta offers an impressive list of activities to suit everyone’s tastes, whether you want a more relaxed evening or something more active. Here are some ideas if you’re stuck for thought.
Immerse yourself in nature at the Malta National Aquarium
The Malta National Aquarium is located in St Paul’s Bay. It holds an impressive number of 41 tanks. The aquarium hosts species of fish that can be found close to the Maltese Islands. There is also a wealth of exotic fish to see. You’ll be impressed by all the sharks and rays. This is the perfect activity if you have children. They will be mesmerised by all the fish. Not only that, but they are sure to learn a lot from the visit. The aquarium provides daily education sessions to learn about marine life and conservation. Relax at the restaurant which boasts spectacular views at the end of your visit.
Prioritise your self-care at a spa
We all need to take priority of ourselves first and foremost. As Malta is a tourist destination, there is no shortage of spas available on the island. If it’s cold outside, you can warm yourself up in a sauna. Be sure to add some extra TLC by booking a massage or facial. Take a day off to give yourself some self-care and kindness. You’ll wake up feeling a lot more energetic the next day. Many of the hotels in Malta offer spa treatment days. There are also many dedicated spas offering a range of treatments across the island.
Absorb yourself in art at MUZA
MUZA is the newest National Museum of Art in Malta. Galleries are a great way to escape the world and transport yourself someplace else. The art displays tell four different stories – the Mediterranean, Europe, Empire and The Artist. The gallery tries an innovative approach by combining traditional and contemporary art in the same room. A range of unique art is displayed including sculptures, installations, videos and paintings. This will be the ideal day out for those with a creative mindset. Unwind at the trendy cafeteria and restaurant at the end of your visit. They offer a very enticing menu.
Enjoy a movie at the cinema
There is nothing better than watching the newest release in the cinema when it’s cold outside. This is the time of the year when all the movie awards take place. You can never go wrong with going to the cinema if you’re stuck for ideas of what to do. There are plenty of showstoppers in the cinema right now. From drama to action, there is something for all the family. Going to the cinema requires little effort if you want to do something a bit more relaxing. There are several cinemas in Malta currently located in St. Julians, Bugibba, Fgura and Victoria. Grab yourself some popcorn and enjoy the movie!
Have fun playing bowling or laser tag
If you’re looking to do something more active, there are plenty of indoor activities to choose from in Malta. You will find a bowling alley located at St Julian's. Prices start from only €8.00. There is even an arcade located on-site. Grab your friends together, enjoy a pint and get competitive! In St. Julian’s you’ll also find a laser tag experience if you want to try something different. See how many of your friends you can tag. Who will be crowned the winner of the group? Prices start from only €7.00. Bowling and laser tag are a great way to make new memories. Everyone is bound to have a great time!
Embrace your inner foodie at a restaurant
This is another easy option if you’re just looking to get out of the house. Malta is a haven for foodies. There are so many restaurants to choose from. Dine on the local Mediterranean culinary dishes. Marsaxlokk is the ideal location if you want to try freshly caught fish. There are also plenty of restaurants in Valletta if you’re looking for a cosy atmosphere. One of the best parts about dining in Malta is that you’re always surrounded by an exceptional view if you’re by the Mediterranean Sea. Enjoy a glass of wine whilst you’re at it and enjoy the moment.
Learn something new at the Esplora Interactive Science Centre
Museums are a great platform to enhance our knowledge. Esplora is Malta’s only interactive science centre. The science centre is located in Kalkara with an astonishing view of the Grand Harbour. It’s suitable for all ages and features over 200 exhibits. Esplora also enjoys a Planetarium for you to experience. This is a great way to learn something new about the universe around us. Check out their weekly schedule to discover what workshops and shows the science centre will present. This activity is exceptionally great for children. They can increase their scientific knowledge in a fun and interactive environment.
Just stay in bed and relax at home
No one is going to blame you if you want to spend a day in bed watching Netflix. We all need a day to relax after a long, hard week at work. Light up a few candles and run yourself a bath. Snuggle up in a blanket with some hot tea and watch your favourite show all day. Many popular shows have just been released on Netflix in the past few weeks. Check out the latest social media trend. You can even go as far as ordering yourself a takeaway for the evening. Just let yourself do nothing for one day. We all deserve a break.
Even though it does get a little chillier in Malta in the winter months, there is still plenty to do. You’re always likely to be surrounded by blue skies as Malta boasts 300 sunny days a year! Malta is the ideal location if you’re looking for a more relaxed pace of life. If you’re thinking about locating to the island, Zanzi Homes will help you to find the perfect property. We offer a range of different property types all across the Maltese islands. Get in touch with one of our experienced sales specialists at Zanzi Homes now.
Agreement between the Property Owner and Quicklets.com.mt
As a result of this agreement the Landlord (property owner) is giving Quicklets permission to list their property/properties on the database of Quicklets and market it on the website www.quicklets.com.mt and any other medium of advertisement possibly resulting in the rental of these properties.
All information, photos and assets, moveable or immovable will be at Quicklets' discretion to advertise as Quicklets deems necessary to result to the lease/rent of a property. By clicking accept at the bottom of the page the landlord is agreeing and committing themselves to pay Quicklets commission upon the lease/rent of the property/properties added to Quicklets here after.
The commission is set at 50% of one full month’s rent + 18% VAT for long lets and 10% of total amount + 18% VAT for short lets and commercial lets. This is to be paid upon the signing of the contract between the tenant and the landlord if the property is rented/leased by Quicklets. Once the contract it signed the commission is not refundable.
Once the potential client is introduced to the Landlord for the first time the Landlord is bound by this legally binding agreement to complete and sign the contract between the tenant and themselves through Quicklets and pay the commission due in full.
Terms and Conditions:
1. By accepting this agreement the Landlord here by confirms all clauses and terms and conditions for each and every property listed with Quicklets here after.
2. Quicklets offer a free valuation and inventory checklist of the property.
3. This agreement is valid for properties listed by Quicklets and properties uploaded by the owner directly to the site.
4. When an offer is made on a property, Quicklets will collect a minimum of one month's rent deposit. This deposit will be handed over to the owner and in the case of a cancellation, the Landlord must pay Quicklets 15% + 18%VAT of this deposit.
5. The Landlord states that all information exchanged during the procedure of the listing and filling in this contract is in utmost good faith.
6. The Landlord is responsible for all bills, utility and others, prior to date of renting/leasing contract between the Landlord and Quicklets client.
7. The Landlord will always give the tenant 48hr notice before entering a property prior to its rental/lease by Quicklets.
8. If the Landlord gives Quicklets keys to view a property they will only be used in the event of a possible lease/rent by Quicklets.
9. If the listed properties change ownership the Landlord must inform us and a new contract has to be drafted. If we are not notified and bring a client to view a property which then results into a rent/lease the Landlord has to pay the commission.
10. Quicklets is not responsible for any missing items or damage to a property at any time.
11. The Landlord agrees that should a property be purchased by the client introduced by Quicklets, a 5% commission + 18% VAT has to be paid by the Landlord to Quicklets. If a property has a garage and is not rented or leased, the value of the garage will be deducted from the total selling price. If it is included in the rent/lease, commission must be paid on the garage at a rate of 5% +18% VAT.
12. Commisions are only payable to Quicklets if the property is rented out through Quicklets. In no other circumstances are you as an owner liable to pay for Quicklets listing services.