Interior Design Ideas Inspired by Classic Christmas Movies
25th December, 2019
There’s no better way to get into the Christmas spirit than by watching a joyful Christmas movie. They’re the perfect way to unwind during your break. Put your Christmas lights on and grab a mug of hot chocolate. Blankets are also necessary! Bring all the family together as Christmas is a time to be with our loved ones. Christmas movies are not only fun, but they also provide great interior design inspiration. Most of the time, people do not take much notice of the production set. Take a closer look next time around. Careful consideration is taken to provide a gorgeous aesthetic. Keep your eyes out for some inspiration. Christmas tends to be the time most associated with home. Many of the movies have their main set based in a family home. Their interior design is so quintessentially Christmassy. Here are some of the best Christmas movies with beautiful Christmas decorations. You’re sure to get plenty of ideas.
This is usually everyone’s Christmas favourite. There never goes a year without putting Home Alone on the television. As you can tell with the title, the whole movie is based at home. The McCallister family home is full of Christmas decorations. Everything in this house embodies the spirit of Christmas. The colour scheme is kept traditional with iconic reds and greens. There is a classic fireplace decorate with wreaths. Fireplaces are a great way to attain that Christmas aesthetic. Fireplaces are not all that common in Malta due to the Mediterranean temperatures. However, you can still buy gas and electric fireplaces. This would also add some warmth to the house during the chill we get indoors during Winter. Decorate your fireplace, or even your windowsill, McCallister style this Christmas. You couldn’t get more of a homey feel from a movie. You may also learn a thing or two about booby traps.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Who doesn’t want some inspiration from the wonderful Dr. Seuss? The Grinch remains a childhood favourite, for both young and old. You may get some great ideas on how to decorate your children’s rooms during Christmastime. After all, the Christmas fun should spread all across the house. It shouldn’t just stick to the living room or kitchen. You may not want to get inspiration from the Grinch’s own home, but that of Cindy-Lou Who’s instead. This will give you a more modern feel with curvy, retro furniture and contrasting colours throughout. Add an abundance of colourful Christmas lights around. Your heart is sure to grow three sizes bigger with all the Christmas joy at home.
The Holiday is a great movie for interior design inspiration. The whole premise of the movie involves a house swap. Iris Simpkins and Amanda Woods have their lives turned upside down due to break-ups. Iris swaps her cosy cottage in a village by London for a glamorous mansion in California, and vice versa. Both of these two ladies are in need of a dramatic change in their lives over the Holiday season. Careful attention has been paid to both houses in the movie. The cottage embodies classic British vibes. It’s rustic and exactly what you need for an escape. Complete cosiness to hide away from the world. Of course, the cottage is also complete with a fireplace. The mansion represents the complete opposite. Stylish, modern and bright. The colours are neutral as the house adopts a more minimalistic vibe. This movie is great to watch if you’re after some ideas because the sets are so different from each other. Besides, who doesn’t love that cute little cottage in The Holiday? It’s the embodiment of the ideal Christmas home.
The Polar Express
Most of this movie takes place on a train, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get some interior design inspiration. After all, this movie is so busy with amazing animated scenes. From the shop windows to the lost toys’ carriage and all the way to the elf village. This movie is so magical that it’s sure to get you into the Christmas spirit. The movie may inspire you to place some jingle bells around the house. It will take you to a wonderful place. You’ll want to decorate your entire house all over again as soon as the move has finished. It’ll certainly persuade your children to come and help you around the house. They’ll want everything in shipshape condition for Santa’s arrival.
Deck the Halls
This is a movie all about Christmas decorations. It can’t be missed if you want some Christmas decoration ideas. Steve Finch is known as the man of Christmas in his town. This soon gets threatened when Buddy Hall moves in. A huge competition arises between the two fathers. Who can design the better-decorated house for Christmas? Packed with laughter the whole family will enjoy. Some may say they both take it to the extreme. Both houses turn up like Christmas theme park at the end. Perhaps, it’s only best to take one or two ideas from this one.
Christmas is always great to get the creative side out of you. It’s a time to revamp your home from the usual style you’ve been accustomed to for months. You will never feel more at home than during Christmastime. Whilst you take inspiration from these movies, put your Christmas tree lights on, turn on the fire and snuggle up under a festive blanket. It can be quite slow to sell your property this time of year. Most people are looking to move after the festive period is over. However, ensuring a festive vibe will attract your viewers. It will make your property feel more like home. This will give your viewers an idea if they can spend Christmas there next year. Giving them that Christmas touch will help make up their minds. If you’re looking to sell your property, be sure to get in contact with one of our sales specialists at Zanzi Homes. We’re here to make the process easier during this festive season. We wish you all a Merry Christmas!
Agreement between the Property Owner and Quicklets.com.mt
As a result of this agreement the Landlord (property owner) is giving Quicklets permission to list their property/properties on the database of Quicklets and market it on the website www.quicklets.com.mt and any other medium of advertisement possibly resulting in the rental of these properties.
All information, photos and assets, moveable or immovable will be at Quicklets' discretion to advertise as Quicklets deems necessary to result to the lease/rent of a property. By clicking accept at the bottom of the page the landlord is agreeing and committing themselves to pay Quicklets commission upon the lease/rent of the property/properties added to Quicklets here after.
The commission is set at 50% of one full month’s rent + 18% VAT for long lets and 10% of total amount + 18% VAT for short lets and commercial lets. This is to be paid upon the signing of the contract between the tenant and the landlord if the property is rented/leased by Quicklets. Once the contract it signed the commission is not refundable.
Once the potential client is introduced to the Landlord for the first time the Landlord is bound by this legally binding agreement to complete and sign the contract between the tenant and themselves through Quicklets and pay the commission due in full.
Terms and Conditions:
1. By accepting this agreement the Landlord here by confirms all clauses and terms and conditions for each and every property listed with Quicklets here after.
2. Quicklets offer a free valuation and inventory checklist of the property.
3. This agreement is valid for properties listed by Quicklets and properties uploaded by the owner directly to the site.
4. When an offer is made on a property, Quicklets will collect a minimum of one month's rent deposit. This deposit will be handed over to the owner and in the case of a cancellation, the Landlord must pay Quicklets 15% + 18%VAT of this deposit.
5. The Landlord states that all information exchanged during the procedure of the listing and filling in this contract is in utmost good faith.
6. The Landlord is responsible for all bills, utility and others, prior to date of renting/leasing contract between the Landlord and Quicklets client.
7. The Landlord will always give the tenant 48hr notice before entering a property prior to its rental/lease by Quicklets.
8. If the Landlord gives Quicklets keys to view a property they will only be used in the event of a possible lease/rent by Quicklets.
9. If the listed properties change ownership the Landlord must inform us and a new contract has to be drafted. If we are not notified and bring a client to view a property which then results into a rent/lease the Landlord has to pay the commission.
10. Quicklets is not responsible for any missing items or damage to a property at any time.
11. The Landlord agrees that should a property be purchased by the client introduced by Quicklets, a 5% commission + 18% VAT has to be paid by the Landlord to Quicklets. If a property has a garage and is not rented or leased, the value of the garage will be deducted from the total selling price. If it is included in the rent/lease, commission must be paid on the garage at a rate of 5% +18% VAT.
12. Commisions are only payable to Quicklets if the property is rented out through Quicklets. In no other circumstances are you as an owner liable to pay for Quicklets listing services.