The best thing about being a sales specialist is that no day is like the next. Each and every day presents a new set of tasks.
Our day usually starts out at the office, where we answer our emails, do our adverts and start making phone calls to set out the rest of the day. Phone calls are made to both potential clients (buyers) and sellers.
Our main aim is to find good properties to sell. This comes from making a number of phonecalls. Such properties could either be found from within our own database (basically overpriced properties which have been on the database for a while and require a price reduction) or from external sources such as the newspaper, facebook, maltapark and other sources such as our Virtual Agent system.
When we list new properties we usually organise a group viewing and visit the property. We take photos, gather information about the property, and discuss with the owners what we think about price etc. We always offer honest advice to our sellers, as we believe that giving a good service to them means getting their property sold in the least time possible!
With regards to working with clients, we receive a lot of enquiries from potential buyers. Usually our first contact is a phonecall, after which it would be ideal to meet up to get a better feel of what the client is looking for. We are very attentive to our clients needs, but we are also honest with them, meaning that if the clients expectations are too high for their budget, we make sure to point it out and offer a itable alternative. At the end of the day we want our clients to be happy.
The most interesting and nerve-wracking part of the job is when the client likes a property and proceeds to put in an offer. It is our duty to get the best deal for both buyers and sellers, and once the price is agreed on it is our duty to get them to sign a promise of sale within a short period of time. This extra pressure is put on the buyers especially so as to make sure that the owner does not receive a higher offer from another client. We help clients set a date and time for signing, and advise on what documents are required.
Once the promise of sale is signed, our job does not stop there. We take it a step further and make frequent follow-ups with our clients, making sure that they have appointments with the banks should they need a bank loan, have all the necessary paperwork required and adhere to time frames stated in the promise of sale. Basically, we follow the deal from start to finish, sometimes going out of our way to provide the best service we could possibly give.
Agreement between the Property Owner and Quicklets.com.mt
As a result of this agreement the Landlord (property owner) is giving Quicklets permission to list their property/properties on the database of Quicklets and market it on the website www.quicklets.com.mt and any other medium of advertisement possibly resulting in the rental of these properties.
All information, photos and assets, moveable or immovable will be at Quicklets' discretion to advertise as Quicklets deems necessary to result to the lease/rent of a property. By clicking accept at the bottom of the page the landlord is agreeing and committing themselves to pay Quicklets commission upon the lease/rent of the property/properties added to Quicklets here after.
The commission is set at 50% of one full month’s rent + 18% VAT for long lets and 10% of total amount + 18% VAT for short lets and commercial lets. This is to be paid upon the signing of the contract between the tenant and the landlord if the property is rented/leased by Quicklets. Once the contract it signed the commission is not refundable.
Once the potential client is introduced to the Landlord for the first time the Landlord is bound by this legally binding agreement to complete and sign the contract between the tenant and themselves through Quicklets and pay the commission due in full.
Terms and Conditions:
1. By accepting this agreement the Landlord here by confirms all clauses and terms and conditions for each and every property listed with Quicklets here after.
2. Quicklets offer a free valuation and inventory checklist of the property.
3. This agreement is valid for properties listed by Quicklets and properties uploaded by the owner directly to the site.
4. When an offer is made on a property, Quicklets will collect a minimum of one month's rent deposit. This deposit will be handed over to the owner and in the case of a cancellation, the Landlord must pay Quicklets 15% + 18%VAT of this deposit.
5. The Landlord states that all information exchanged during the procedure of the listing and filling in this contract is in utmost good faith.
6. The Landlord is responsible for all bills, utility and others, prior to date of renting/leasing contract between the Landlord and Quicklets client.
7. The Landlord will always give the tenant 48hr notice before entering a property prior to its rental/lease by Quicklets.
8. If the Landlord gives Quicklets keys to view a property they will only be used in the event of a possible lease/rent by Quicklets.
9. If the listed properties change ownership the Landlord must inform us and a new contract has to be drafted. If we are not notified and bring a client to view a property which then results into a rent/lease the Landlord has to pay the commission.
10. Quicklets is not responsible for any missing items or damage to a property at any time.
11. The Landlord agrees that should a property be purchased by the client introduced by Quicklets, a 5% commission + 18% VAT has to be paid by the Landlord to Quicklets. If a property has a garage and is not rented or leased, the value of the garage will be deducted from the total selling price. If it is included in the rent/lease, commission must be paid on the garage at a rate of 5% +18% VAT.
12. Commisions are only payable to Quicklets if the property is rented out through Quicklets. In no other circumstances are you as an owner liable to pay for Quicklets listing services.